BARBARA KRAMEN-KAHN, Ph.D
Specialty areas: Stress Management, Life coaching for people striving to keep their bright lines, Overcoming Depression and Anxiety, Preventing Burnout for Professionals, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Internal Family Systems IFS (parts work)
My professional focus is working with people helping them solve their problems. I believe it’s important to add to the list of an individual’s coping skills so that he/she can make better choices when in stressful situations instead of going on auto-pilot and doing what he/she normally does. My goal is not to take away coping skills someone has already developed, even the poor ones, but to add to the choices he/she has so he/she has a more extensive selection to choose from.
As one example, my services benefit clients dealing with depression or anxiety by helping them figure out ways to overcome their condition and providing a variety of tools to use in the future if the problem returns.
- Licensed Psychologist, California, #PSY 15304, 8/26/97 - present
- Licensed Psychologist, Nevada, #PY0342, 6/12/97 (inactive as of 12/31/02)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Nevada, #0619, 11/14/94 (inactive since 1/1/99)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor, Nevada #1321, 4/30/92 (inactive since 4/30/06)
- Certified Mentor for The Academy for Guided Imagery, 12/1/94
- Certified in Medical and Clinical Hypnotherapy, 10/21/90
- Professional Elementary Education and Professional Special (Reading Specialist, K-12) Nevada, 4/13/83 – present
- Elementary Education and Reading Specialist (K-12), Texas, 1/72- present
- College of Executive Coaching, 2000-2002
- American Psychological Association, 1988-Present
- California Psychological Association, 1990-Present
- Hospice patient care volunteer 2003-2011
- Humane Society volunteer 2003 - 2013
- Queen of Hearts volunteer – Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation 2006 - Present
- Board member and President - Art Healh Alliance - 2011 - Present
- Front desk volunteer for Truckee Roundhouse, Makerspace - 2016 - 2018
- Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation Scholarship Committee - 2016 - Present
- Bright Line Eating Team Leader for Gideon Games Pilot Program, Sponsor, VIP Poster for each of the following classes: Bright Line Freedom, Freedom Inner Circle 2018 - Present, Grit 2020, Grit Boot Camp 2020, Reboot Rezoom 2021.