BARBARA KRAMEN-KAHN, Ph.D
Specialty areas: Stress Management, Overcoming Depression and Anxiety, Preventing Burnout for Professionals, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Consulting with businesses to resolve conflicts in the workplace.
My professional focus is working with people is to help solve their problems. I believe it’s important to add to the list of an individual’s coping skills so that he/she can make better choices when in stressful situations instead of going on auto-pilot and doing what he/she normally does. My goal is not to take away successful coping skills someone has already developed, but to add to the choices he/she has so he/she has a more extensive selection to choose from.
As one example, my services benefit clients dealing with depression or anxiety by helping them figure out ways to overcome their condition and providing a variety of tools to use in the future if the problem returns.
- Licensed Psychologist, California, #PSY 15304, 8/26/97 - present
- Licensed Psychologist, Nevada, #PY0342, 6/12/97 (inactive 12/31/02)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Nevada, #0619, 11/14/94 (inactive 1/1/99)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor, Nevada #1321, 4/30/92 (inactive 4/30/06)
- Certified Mentor for The Academy for Guided Imagery, 12/1/94
- Certified in Medical and Clinical Hypnotherapy, 10/21/90
- Professional Elementary Education and Professional Special (Reading Specialist, K-12) Nevada, 4/13/83 – present
- Elementary Education and Reading Specialist (K-12), Texas, 1/72- present
- American Psychological Association, 1988-Present
- California Psychological Association, 1990-Present
- Hospice patient care volunteer 2003-2011
- Humane Society volunteer 2003 - 2013
- Queen of Hearts volunteer – Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation 2006 - Present
- Board member and President - Art Healh Alliance - 2011 - Present
- Front desk volunteer for Truckee Roundhouse, Makerspace - 2016 - 2018
- Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation Scholarship Committee - 2016 - Present